Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

I purchased my ipad used from friend of friend and so i do not know the orginial owner information nor do i have orginial receipts. How can i get past the activation lock

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:39 AM

The iPad is useless to you. Unless your friend, of a friend, of a friend, of a friend can be independently traced - and can help you with the AppleID credentials - you’ll not be able to resolve the Activation Lock.

Here are the Apple support pages that outline the Activation Lock - and the only mechanisms by which it can be turned off:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Turn off Activation Lock – Apple Support

As you will discover, unless you are the owner of the AppleID that was last used to activate the device, you’ll not be able to defeat or bypass the Activation Lock. With documentary evidence that you are the original owner (such as sales receipt showing the serial number), Apple may be prepared to assist - otherwise they and nobody here will be able to help you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 10:39 AM in response to Ezra688

The iPad is useless to you. Unless your friend, of a friend, of a friend, of a friend can be independently traced - and can help you with the AppleID credentials - you’ll not be able to resolve the Activation Lock.

Here are the Apple support pages that outline the Activation Lock - and the only mechanisms by which it can be turned off:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Turn off Activation Lock – Apple Support

As you will discover, unless you are the owner of the AppleID that was last used to activate the device, you’ll not be able to defeat or bypass the Activation Lock. With documentary evidence that you are the original owner (such as sales receipt showing the serial number), Apple may be prepared to assist - otherwise they and nobody here will be able to help you.

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.