You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t transfer data

I can’t transfer data from my iPhone 12 Pro Max to my iPhone 13 pro max why? Tried all options. Apple support said download the latest iOS onto the iPhone 13. Still no joy. Error message says transfer not complete.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 12:31 PM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2021 11:19 AM in response to kunalchan

Hello kunalchan,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. Congratulations on your new iPhone! We'd like to help get you pointed in the right direction for help.

After you updated the new iPhone 13, did you then erase it to start the set up process over again? With the new iPhone back to the "Hello" screen, you should then be able to use Quick Start or restore from an iCloud backup. If you're seeing the Home Screen on the iPhone 13, first take these steps to erase it:

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once it's back to the "Hello" screen, use these steps to try setting it up again:

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If this concern isn't resolved after taking the steps above, we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: 

Get Support

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Can’t transfer data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.