Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore iPad mini

I am trying to restore my iPad mini and cannot get it to go into restore mode. What can I do to restore my iPad mini?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Oct 19, 2021 4:31 PM in response to CindyJane0510

A little hard to help/advise you when you provide NO information about your iPad.

Here are my questions to you.

Can you, please, confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in very small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad” on the back of the iPad.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

If trying to restore a very old iPad, why?

Please try to make an attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

Oct 19, 2021 4:56 PM in response to CindyJane0510

Since Lotus Plot just chimed in with a reply, I will just have to add this info, now.

If you own a over 9 or 10-year old iPad 2, 3 4 or 1st gen iPad Mini running iOS 9 or 10, these very old iPads are too old, no longer supported and completely obsolete, in 2021.

Apple ended support for all 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 5 years, ago, in 2016.

Third party app developers abandoned and stopped supporting these 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 3 years, ago, in 2018.

There are, virtually, NO MORE third party apps available from the iOS App Store, any longer!

Third party compatible apps for such old devices are few and far between, now, in 2021.

This includes apps for both iOS 9 AND iOS 10 devices!

AND, NO WAY to, initially, install any older, compatible, third party apps into this old iPad, any longer!

NO MORE SUPPORT! NO MORE APPS!

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 8-10-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially now in 2021!

The process/act of restoring such old iPads will result in an iPad that will be a nearly useless device.

The old version of the iOS Safari Web browser is too old and not safe NOR secure to be trusted to use for Internet/Web browsing, any longer.

IMHO, forget putting anymore time and efforts into restore this old iPad.

It is not worth putting the effoet to get an over 9-10-year old, obsolete and unsupported iPad working again.

Sorry.

Restore iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.