Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I. Update my safari browser for a apple ipad

How do I. Update browser on safari for a apple lap topi

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 3:03 PM

Are you asking about Safari on an iPad or Safari on a laptop (MacBook)? You mention both.

Safari on either is usually updated as part of the operating system (iPadOS for an iPad; macOS on a Mac, including MacBook).

On iPad: Settings > General > Software Update

On Mac: System Preferences > Software Update

Occasionally, Apple will issue a separate update for Safari, also through System Preferences > Software Update.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 3:03 PM in response to mervin130

Are you asking about Safari on an iPad or Safari on a laptop (MacBook)? You mention both.

Safari on either is usually updated as part of the operating system (iPadOS for an iPad; macOS on a Mac, including MacBook).

On iPad: Settings > General > Software Update

On Mac: System Preferences > Software Update

Occasionally, Apple will issue a separate update for Safari, also through System Preferences > Software Update.

Oct 19, 2021 3:06 PM in response to mervin130

You don't.

iOS/iPadOS Safari, usually, gets updated with iOS/iPadOS upgrades/updates.

Here are my questions to you.

Can you, please, confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in very small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad” on the back of the iPad.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

Please try to make an attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

Oct 19, 2021 5:29 PM in response to mervin130

Safari is an integral element of iOS/iPadOS - and cannot be updated independently of the OS. If your iPad has been updated to the most recent version supported by your iPad (the model and installed version of iOS have not been declared), then Safari is as up-to-date as is possible.

Despite having an up-to-date Safari browser, some websites incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which their are two - these being Desktop and Mobile.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

How do I. Update my safari browser for a apple ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.