Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dont have the offload option to remove an app

I have a XR10 and I need to reduce storage space. I don’t have the option to offload app when trying to remove apps from my phone. What other ways can I remove apps?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 4:56 PM

I just tested something on my iPhone.. could be your problem.

I'm guessing you also cannot delete apps?

check this:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

When I tested by setting that to 'Don't Allow' it also took away the option to Offload Apps

Then if you want to delete some apps:

You can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App

OR you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Note that 'removing' apps is not the same as deleting apps. All removing apps does is take it off your Home Screen, it will still be on your device and reside in the App Library

here is a video that may help you save storage space

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 4:56 PM in response to Yvettecnoel

I just tested something on my iPhone.. could be your problem.

I'm guessing you also cannot delete apps?

check this:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

When I tested by setting that to 'Don't Allow' it also took away the option to Offload Apps

Then if you want to delete some apps:

You can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App

OR you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Note that 'removing' apps is not the same as deleting apps. All removing apps does is take it off your Home Screen, it will still be on your device and reside in the App Library

here is a video that may help you save storage space

I dont have the offload option to remove an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.