Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 15.0.2 excel v2.54 not opening files stored on iphone when on LTE

I have a bunch of xlsx files stored on my iPhone. When I'm at home and on WiFi I have no problems opening any of the excel files stored on my phone however if I turn off my WiFi and then try to open the excel files I get an error saying "Opening: [FILENAME]... Downloading from iPhone..." and it just hangs up. My wife is on the same excel version but still on iOS 14.8 she has no issues opening the same file saved on her iPhone (on WiFi or LTE) so it seems like the bug is on iOS 15.0.2.

Any known fixes I could try?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 8:41 PM

Okay update - I decided to try again and just let the animation wheel spin and spin. Well after about 3 minutes the file opened. i tried this on my walk earlier today but it didn't work. I tried a number of other excel files and they all open now when on LTE. I will try again tomorrow when out of the house for a walk to open however don't anticipate there will be anymore problems.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 8:41 PM in response to DonE_

Okay update - I decided to try again and just let the animation wheel spin and spin. Well after about 3 minutes the file opened. i tried this on my walk earlier today but it didn't work. I tried a number of other excel files and they all open now when on LTE. I will try again tomorrow when out of the house for a walk to open however don't anticipate there will be anymore problems.

ios 15.0.2 excel v2.54 not opening files stored on iphone when on LTE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.