Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reinstall safari into my iPhone

After deleting safari from my iPhone6. I am unable to install safari. However I found safari in my iPhone setting with the same website data embedded in it. It seemed that I am unable to clear this website data even though I deleted the safari app.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 5:43 PM

That is not true because I also have removed the app. The only way to get to Safari browser is to go to my App Store. Then I have to search Safari. It says open because it is built into the operating system. However the app icon is unable to be downloaded. Because I’m in the same boat trying to re-download the app icon

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 5:43 PM in response to Kurtosis12

That is not true because I also have removed the app. The only way to get to Safari browser is to go to my App Store. Then I have to search Safari. It says open because it is built into the operating system. However the app icon is unable to be downloaded. Because I’m in the same boat trying to re-download the app icon

Nov 7, 2021 5:57 PM in response to Coreypd21

Coreypd21 wrote:

It is certainly true that you cannot remove or delete the Safari app. When you go to the App Store it says “Open” because it is already on your phone. If it wasn’t it would say “download” or show a download cloud icon. Just tap the word “Open” to launch it.

It can be disabled in Screen Time settings, which may be your problem if it doesn’t launch when you tap “Open” in the app store. Go to Settings/Screen Time/Content & Privacy Restrictions/Allowed Apps and turn it on if it is off.

You may also have deleted the icon from your Home screen, which doesn’t remove Safari. You can go to the App Library (the last page of the Home screen) and drag it to any other page.

How to reinstall safari into my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.