Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable video auto-play on Safari after latest iOS update 15.0.2

Hi everyone, first time poster , so apologies if post not in the right forum. I’ve recently updated to 15.0.2 on my iPad Pro , and post update , have noticed that when using Safari, videos have started auto playing on certain websites. I’ve tried every single thing to disable auto-play , including Settings -> Accessibilty -> Per-App settings and set video preview to OFF , but , the video previews keep happening, though with muted volume . Is there a setting I’m missing, or is this an issue with iOS 15 ? TIA

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 3:43 PM

Yes, I tried disabling Java as well, but then it affects a lot of other stuff as well. Wish Apple would address this. Have just upgraded to iOS 15.1 and found that it’s still an issue. I use Chrome as my browser , and thought the issue is with Chrome. On my Phone(android) had no problem changing the setting so that auto-play is disabled for certain sites. Surprisingly, on iPad, going to Settings — Accessibility — Per App settings and disabling Auto-play solved the issue for apps like Pinterest, FB etc. It’s just Safari that is immune to this setting 😐

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 3:43 PM in response to Ivansyv

Yes, I tried disabling Java as well, but then it affects a lot of other stuff as well. Wish Apple would address this. Have just upgraded to iOS 15.1 and found that it’s still an issue. I use Chrome as my browser , and thought the issue is with Chrome. On my Phone(android) had no problem changing the setting so that auto-play is disabled for certain sites. Surprisingly, on iPad, going to Settings — Accessibility — Per App settings and disabling Auto-play solved the issue for apps like Pinterest, FB etc. It’s just Safari that is immune to this setting 😐

How to disable video auto-play on Safari after latest iOS update 15.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.