Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add iCloud account to Gmail with iPhone

I am trying to add icloud account to my gmail app on my iphone and it will not allow it. has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 11:58 AM

Here is document that tells you what are the IMAP settings and requirements to setup iCloud Mail in other apps than Mail.

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support (IE)

You need to use in-app specific password, as your iCloud Account password won't work.

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

If you still have issues, talk to GMail.app support.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 11:58 AM in response to mseabourn

Here is document that tells you what are the IMAP settings and requirements to setup iCloud Mail in other apps than Mail.

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support (IE)

You need to use in-app specific password, as your iCloud Account password won't work.

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

If you still have issues, talk to GMail.app support.

Oct 20, 2021 11:58 AM in response to mseabourn

See the instructions below from Google support: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6078445?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS#zippy=%2Cadd-an-account

(Note that you may need to have two-factor authentication turned on for your Apple ID and use an app-specific password as described in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support and Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support )

Add an account

1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
  2. In the top right, tap your profile picture.
  3. Tap Use another account.
  4. Choose the type of account you want to add.
    • If you use iCloud, @me.com, or @mac.com accounts, you might need to enter specific settings and an app password.
    • If you check work or school emails through Outlook for Windows, select Outlook, Hotmail, and Live.
    • If you don't see your email service, select Other.
  1. Follow the steps on the screen to add your account. If available, tap Try Gmailify to get Gmail features with your added account, like spam protection and email categories.

Tip: You can read and send mail from most email addresses using the Gmail app on iPhone or iPad, including Yahoo and Hotmail. Instead of forwarding your mail, you can add that account to the Gmail app.

Can't add iCloud account to Gmail with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.