Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I paid for an Apple Music subscription but I can't add family members

I took over paying for Apple Music that I share with a friend, but it still has my friend as the organizer. I can't add or delete family members, and I wanted to add someone. Is there a way to fix this and not have to cancel Apple Music?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 7:11 PM

You will have to become the Family Organizer. The only way to do that is for your friend too disband the group and then you start one. See the 'Disband a family group' section in:

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

I am afraid that will mean cancelling the current subscription (under your friend's name) and start one yourself:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 7:11 PM in response to Jessero1987

You will have to become the Family Organizer. The only way to do that is for your friend too disband the group and then you start one. See the 'Disband a family group' section in:

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

I am afraid that will mean cancelling the current subscription (under your friend's name) and start one yourself:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

I paid for an Apple Music subscription but I can't add family members

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.