Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Catalina no boot up….

Hello everybody I haven’t been on here in years I have had nothing but trouble with Catalina now my iMac is stuck on the Apple logo screen and I’ve tried every start up key to no luck I am a longtime mac User all the way back to the old Quadra days I’ve had G3 G4 quicksilver‘s and currently (new at the time) have a 2013 iMac with a i7 chipset maxed out RAM just trying to get it to boot up at this point very frustrated…… I’ve had zero problems with this computer till Catalina yes I’m definitely going to go back to High Sierra or something around there any help would be appreciated it’s stuck no matter what keys I use.

Thanks in advance, Scott

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 5:56 AM

Full details on your iMac might be helpful. You may have some underlying non OS related issue preventing start up.

First thing you need to do is get an operating OS. After that you can do the downgrade thing.

Command R will open the Recovery Panel where you can reinstall your OS. I'd suggest you do that first if you can get to the recovery panel. If not a Bootable flash drive may be an option.

You maybe can use a bootable High Sierra USB flash drive to get back to HS; I don't really know about that though.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 5:56 AM in response to ScottFoster14

Full details on your iMac might be helpful. You may have some underlying non OS related issue preventing start up.

First thing you need to do is get an operating OS. After that you can do the downgrade thing.

Command R will open the Recovery Panel where you can reinstall your OS. I'd suggest you do that first if you can get to the recovery panel. If not a Bootable flash drive may be an option.

You maybe can use a bootable High Sierra USB flash drive to get back to HS; I don't really know about that though.

Oct 22, 2021 9:36 AM in response to ku4hx

Thanks so much for your advice, I've probably have done one of the most embarrassing things of all time lol. After all this time using my starter keys I realized after unplugging my external hard drive's I accidentally unplug my keyboard wow that was hard to put out there..... I did get downgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 but I don't think my export information from iTunes or whatever Apple calls the music application (Music app I guess) Will not restore I guess it's not compatible that really sucks after all these years of compiling a list in favorites if I want that I guess I will have to try Mojave, but I'm just done with Catalina very disappointed in Apple at OS is extremely problematic in my opinion!!! My other issue is my iMac 2013 (3.1 GHz Intel Core i7) can't upgrade to Big Sur so I'm caught between a rock and a hard spot any suggestions out there would be grateful!!!

Thanks in advance Scott

Trouble with Catalina no boot up….

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.