Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro keeps telling me hard drive is full

my mac pro keeps telling me my hard drive is almost full how do i free up space help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 7:59 PM

Please do not install CleanMYMac, at all, ever. It is complete Snake Oil, and contributors here spend a LOT of time helping fix Macs damaged by CleanMyMac. It does not discard the right stuff, sometimes attempting to throw out parts of MacOS.

If you want to find the biggest space hogs in a thoughtful way, use this article:

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how… - Apple Community

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 7:59 PM in response to SeriousPenguin

Please do not install CleanMYMac, at all, ever. It is complete Snake Oil, and contributors here spend a LOT of time helping fix Macs damaged by CleanMyMac. It does not discard the right stuff, sometimes attempting to throw out parts of MacOS.

If you want to find the biggest space hogs in a thoughtful way, use this article:

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how… - Apple Community

Oct 20, 2021 7:17 PM in response to Budda Khan

Hello!

A way that you can free up storage on your Mac(also something that I did) is by downloading CleanMyMacX. In the free version, it will still find junk and files on your system which it will think that you do not need, and show them to you. When it does this, you can click on specific files to delete them. This is a way to free up space on your Mac.

Link to CleanMyMacX:

https://macpaw.com/cleanmymac

Hope this helps solve your problem!

Note: This is NOT an advertisement to CleanMyMacX. I just think that it is a helpful tool to have on your Mac.

Oct 21, 2021 8:48 PM in response to Budda Khan

Budda Khan Said:

"MacBook Pro keeps telling me hard drive is full: my mac pro keeps telling me my hard drive is almost full how do i free up space help"

-------

Try Safe Mode:

Boot in to Safe Mode [Hold down: the shift key upon boot], and rid of unneeded files (i.e. iTunes Movies, TV Shows, and Music). In Safe Mode, login items do not load at login, certain System Preferences are set aside, and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are fixed. Also, export items on it to an external device (i.e. hard drive).

MacBook Pro keeps telling me hard drive is full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.