Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New update on iphone

This new update is freezing my NEW iPhone 12 Pro Max before it installs it and for hours and hours will say it’s Verifying the update but all it’s done is freeze up and won’t let me do anything with me phone. I can’t turn it off or anything. Why is this happening?

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 9:25 PM

TDF0926 Said:

"New update on iphone: This new update is freezing my NEW iPhone 12 Pro Max before it installs it and for hours and hours will say it’s Verifying the update but all it’s done is freeze up and won’t let me do anything with me phone. I can’t turn it off or anything. Why is this happening?"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Who is the Seller? How long has it been since day one? See about getting this serviced. If this were me, I would have this looked into by Apple. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, contact Apple Support.

So, Get this Serviced:

Contact Apple Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And this makes sense, because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 9:25 PM in response to TDF0926

TDF0926 Said:

"New update on iphone: This new update is freezing my NEW iPhone 12 Pro Max before it installs it and for hours and hours will say it’s Verifying the update but all it’s done is freeze up and won’t let me do anything with me phone. I can’t turn it off or anything. Why is this happening?"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Who is the Seller? How long has it been since day one? See about getting this serviced. If this were me, I would have this looked into by Apple. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, contact Apple Support.

So, Get this Serviced:

Contact Apple Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And this makes sense, because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Oct 31, 2021 9:30 PM in response to TheLittles

I bought it from Best Buy after my local AT&T Store didn’t have the one I wanted and sent me there. They set it up for me but it was before the new update came out. it worked fine until the Update. It’s a mystery as to what happened but even AT&T couldn’t get it fixed or didn’t want to. I had the extended warranty on it so it was no problem in getting a new one. Thank you for helping.

Oct 31, 2021 10:14 PM in response to TDF0926

TDF0926 Said:

"New update on iphone: I bought it from Best Buy after my local AT&T Store didn’t have the one I wanted and sent me there. They set it up for me but it was before the new update came out. it worked fine until the Update. It’s a mystery as to what happened but even AT&T couldn’t get it fixed or didn’t want to. I had the extended warranty on it so it was no problem in getting a new one. Thank you for helping."

-------

You are welcome.

System Resources Culprit:

Lots of System Resources could have been being swallowed up, while installing this update. So, that may be what happened here.

New update on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.