Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you disable shelf in iOS 15?

can you please find a way to disable the shelf in iOS 15, but is the most annoying feature.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:01 PM

This is helpful to know, but despite the potentially usefulness of the feature I hate it.do you know if it can be disabled?

14 replies

Jan 1, 2022 6:41 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

It is an iPad feature. I copied this from here.

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/ios-15-tips-and-tricks/

10. Use the Shelf View

In ‌iPadOS 15‌, supported apps now display a new Shelf View at the bottom of the screen upon launch. The Shelf displays all the open windows for the current app, including any multitasking instances of it, allowing you to switch easily between them. 

The Shelf minimizes when you interact with an open window, but you can resurface it by long pressing the app's icon and selecting Show All Windows.

I run into this often when typing emails. If you save multiple drafts, you will see the shelf in the mail app.

Jan 1, 2022 6:19 PM in response to tpotsy

I’ve never heard of or seen what you call “shelf” in any of the iPhones that I’ve had over almost 15 years. Can you post a screen shot? If multitasking is disabled then while you are on a call you couldn’t look up a phone number, check your calendar, check a text message, look at an email, look up something on the web, answer the phone while using the map. Is that really what you want?

Can you disable shelf in iOS 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.