Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anybody else has stuck sync with macOS newest version and iPhone 13pro newest iOS

This symptom has been reported by older versions of macOS and there was the solution to upgrade to newer versions.

In spite of that the bug did show up on my old iPhone 11pro 512GB and now iPhone13pro 1TB.

With small amounts of photos sync its working.

With all (111000 pictures/videos) or greater amounts the following happens:

Sync seems to work OK counting up in numbers.

At the end (about 90000) it says waiting for transfer to end. (Not shure about exact english text because here its german)

It never end.

I have to kill finder and restart iPhone and iMac27,32GB Ram, 8 TB HD, 3 TB free)

What i did to solve the problem.

Started photos app repairing the database.

Copied the Library in finder to check for read errors.

Changed cable from USB to USB-C which speeded the process from 10h to 5h

Synced only a small album which worked.

Created an intelligent album (only pictures 10 years and older-> 50000 pictures) which did not work.

I thought there my be newer pictures that are corrupt and will bring the sync process to a creash

letting the finder-process waiting endloss; even worse the finder tried to resume/wait if it starts again.

thanks, regards,

Bodo

Any ideas, hints, same bugs?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 4:12 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 22, 2021 7:24 AM in response to Bodo_von_Greif

Hello Bodo,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't sync photos from your Mac to your new iPhone 13 Pro. Congratulations on that new iPhone! We'll do our best to assist.

Are you using the Photos app to sync this or the Finder on your Mac?

We ask because we should be using the Photos app to sync over those photos and not the Finder.

You've probably already saw this, but if you haven't reviewed the following, it might confirm your steps: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you using Big Sur on your Mac or another operating system?

Hoping it helps, cheers.

Oct 27, 2021 12:35 AM in response to destiny241

Hi,

i updated to macOS 12 Monterey.

It did not solve my problem.

I made Albums which stepwise refine the photos transfered from macOS to iPhone.

Conclusion is: there must be 1 or several pgotos that are damaged and will crash the transfer process

leaving the GUI process running forever and even let it survive finder/iPhone restarts.

regards,

Bodo

PS: I opened a service request to Apple.

The friendly and competent supporter told me to repair the photo-library and try save mode.

I did and reported, wrote a summary what i have done but did not receive an answer since then.

Does anybody else has stuck sync with macOS newest version and iPhone 13pro newest iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.