Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Apple Pay from Uber

I had 4 fraudulent charges on my credit card. The credit card company removed them and issued a new card. But the charges reappeared on my new credit card number. I was told that if someone tried to use it, it would recharged to the new number. So credit card recommended blocking Uber entirely from my credit card. Later they said that it was being charged through Apple Pay, not directly through the credit card. Not sure what to believe. Either way I want Apple Pay off my Wallet in the Uber App.

Looking at an old thread, I followed these instructions

1. Delete all the credit/debt cards you have on Apple Pay.

2. SIGN OUT OF YOUR UBER ACCOUNT (this is important, if you do not sign out, the app will not recognize that Apple Pay is no longer a payment option on your phone.)

3. Delete the Uber app on your phone.

4. After you delete, re-download the Uber app.

5. After the download is complete. Sign into your Uber app and the Apple Pay option in the payments tab should not be and option anymore.

Here’s my question: if I do add a new credit card back to Apple Pay, will Apple Pay simply reappear on my Uber App? I was hoping to just use another credit card that I rarely use where I won’t be as big of a hassle if it gets stolen again.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 5:31 AM

There are no replies.

Remove Apple Pay from Uber

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.