Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do not distrub while driving problems

I have recently notice that since the ios update to 15, I'm having problems using the do not disturb I'm driving feature?

When I turn it on, and then turn on bluetooth for my car radio, I am, or used to send automatically a txt message reply to anyone that I was unable to answer texts because I'm driving, but when I am driving, I am still getting text messages?

I am wondering if this has anything to do with a new feature called "focus"? If so, can I delete this feature as I personally cannot see it being any use to me..although I really haven't had a good look at it to be honest.

Can anyone help me sort this issue out please as I do a lot of driving and I would rather not see text messages several hours after I have stopped driving. The whole Do Not Disturb seems to be mucked up and changed somehow and I'm not sure how to make it work as it used to prior to the update to 15/

Please help.

Cheers all

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 5:03 PM

Sorry if I'm abrupt, but I'm short on patience with technology lately.

I've just phone apple suport, they walked me through the new settings for Focus...and hopefully will now work as it is supposed to.

Personally the process is still complicated, but I have it set up now, thank you support, and will leave it turned on. I still think the old way was easier, but that is my old brain.

Cheers all and thanks again.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 5:03 PM in response to Branta_uk

Sorry if I'm abrupt, but I'm short on patience with technology lately.

I've just phone apple suport, they walked me through the new settings for Focus...and hopefully will now work as it is supposed to.

Personally the process is still complicated, but I have it set up now, thank you support, and will leave it turned on. I still think the old way was easier, but that is my old brain.

Cheers all and thanks again.

Oct 21, 2021 3:35 PM in response to paulfromkalgoorlie

paulfromkalgoorlie wrote:

I have recently notice that since the ios update to 15, I'm having problems using the do not disturb I'm driving feature?
When I turn it on, and then turn on bluetooth for my car radio, I am, or used to send automatically a txt message reply to anyone that I was unable to answer texts because I'm driving, but when I am driving, I am still getting text messages?
I am wondering if this has anything to do with a new feature called "focus"? If so, can I delete this feature as I personally cannot see it being any use to me..although I really haven't had a good look at it to be honest.
Can anyone help me sort this issue out please as I do a lot of driving and I would rather not see text messages several hours after I have stopped driving. The whole Do Not Disturb seems to be mucked up and changed somehow and I'm not sure how to make it work as it used to prior to the update to 15/
Please help.
Cheers all

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Oct 21, 2021 4:46 PM in response to paulfromkalgoorlie

If you are referring to the focus thing ..forget it...I'm thinking this is the problem to be honest ...I've just deleted focus, and I'm still getting problems with texts...I'm sstill getting txt messages and I cannot find where to sort this out still !! Grr...I'[m getting annoyed with Apple...

I don't use DND put I thought it would allow people in your favorites to still reach you.

You can read more here Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Oct 21, 2021 4:54 PM in response to paulfromkalgoorlie

If you are referring to the focus thing ..forget it...I'm thinking this is the problem to be honest ...I've just deleted focus, and I'm still getting problems with texts...I'm sstill getting txt messages and I cannot find where to sort this out still !! Grr...I'[m getting annoyed with Apple...

Have a little patience, everyone here is another user like you sharing our knowledge. 1 hour after you first asked the question you deleted Focus. You probably deleted the very function you wanted to restore, because Focus seems to be an extended set of DND functions which includes the old DND while driving.

do not distrub while driving problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.