You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2021 keyboard layout

Hi I want to preorder the new Macbook pro 2021. But I want it to have russian and international english keyboard layout. So the question is if I order this device in germany with a russian keyboard layout will it also have english letters on a side?

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 3:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 4:37 PM

Because Apple is a US company and English is so dominant for Internet-names, any 'language-specific' keyboard you buy also has English symbols on the keys.

You can change easily back and forth with a preferences setting.

3 replies

Oct 21, 2021 9:13 PM in response to PavelsIgnatovs

PavelsIgnatovs wrote: It will have English letters?

Yes. A picture is here:

https://www.topteksystem.com/blog/apple-tutorials/identifying-keyboard-localization/

All non-latin keyboards need to have English letters in order to be able to write most email and web addresses.

Have you really seen laptops with keyboards that only have Russian letters on them? How would you type www.apple.com on such a keyboard?

Macbook pro 2021 keyboard layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.