Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro skimming issues after update

For some reason, after I updated final cut, It won't let me skim through my time line, Not imported media but my actual Time Line so I can edit with out having to hit play. I know about hitting "S" to turn this feature on and off and the icon shows its on. I can skim through imported no problem, but not timeline ughh..its really messing up editing flow. Help Please!!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 8:28 PM

Have you rebooted and relaunched FCP? If it still isn't working after that, try resetting FCP prefs. Hold command and option while launching FCP and choose Delete Preferences. It will open the default Untitled library. Open the library you were working on, reset your prefs the way you like (turn off background rendering, etc., for example) and see if the problem has been resolved.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 8:28 PM in response to Rad-Media

Have you rebooted and relaunched FCP? If it still isn't working after that, try resetting FCP prefs. Hold command and option while launching FCP and choose Delete Preferences. It will open the default Untitled library. Open the library you were working on, reset your prefs the way you like (turn off background rendering, etc., for example) and see if the problem has been resolved.

Final Cut Pro skimming issues after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.