Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iwatch wakes me up at night when it is on sleep mode

I upgraded iphone to ios15 yesterday, and upgraded my iwatch to latest version os. The upgrade somehow removed my "do not disturb" selection. I set my sleep time, and hoped that the iwatch will measure my sleep quality. Instead, it keeps waking me up because of text or messages. What a surprise. Good job IOS15. Don't upgrade it

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 4:12 AM

Do Not Disturb should still be available on your Apple Watch and iPhone, but it is now part of Focus. On your watch swipe up from the regular watch face to open Control Center and look for the crescent moon button. You should be able to set DND there.

If you look in the Watch app settings for Focus it might say Mirror iPhone, or it might be independent. On your iPhone it lives under Settings.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 4:12 AM in response to dong297

Do Not Disturb should still be available on your Apple Watch and iPhone, but it is now part of Focus. On your watch swipe up from the regular watch face to open Control Center and look for the crescent moon button. You should be able to set DND there.

If you look in the Watch app settings for Focus it might say Mirror iPhone, or it might be independent. On your iPhone it lives under Settings.

Oct 24, 2021 11:23 PM in response to Branta_uk

I agree that it should keep the "Do not disturb". I am frustrated for these reasons:

1. I have always set "Do not disturb" in my iphone. It is kept by my pillow when I go to bed. It is set to be in "Do not disturb" everyday between 11pm-8am.
  2. When I tried to pair the iwatch, it requires me to upgrade my iphone to ios15. I am already in ios14.8, which is the latest version already. Why cannot iwatch be paired with an iphone in ios14.8?
  3. After I upgrade the iphone to IOS15, I wore the watch to sleep and hoped that it could monitor my sleep quality. I am surprised that it kept waking me up because of new message. I had to throw the iwatch out of bed. Then my phone also making noise for receiving text/messages. So, I had to throw my iphone out of bed as well. Next day, I realized that my "Do not disturb" is turned off after the upgrade.
  4. What you are telling me is that it should, but it didn't. Hope that IOS15 can fix this bug so that it wakes less people up.

iwatch wakes me up at night when it is on sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.