Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download all the photos in icloud into an album or folder separate from the photos I already have in my macbook pro?

Can I download all the photos in icloud into an album or folder kept separate from the photos I already have in my macbook pro photo app?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 8:41 AM

You could create a new Photos library and designated it as the system photo library before turning on iCloud Photos on your MacBook Pro. Only the system photo library syncs with iCloud Photos. See information in:

System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support

Create additional photo libraries in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

and

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 8:41 AM in response to Piper John

You could create a new Photos library and designated it as the system photo library before turning on iCloud Photos on your MacBook Pro. Only the system photo library syncs with iCloud Photos. See information in:

System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support

Create additional photo libraries in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

and

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Can I download all the photos in icloud into an album or folder separate from the photos I already have in my macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.