Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 11 - iCloud Control Panel

Hi

Couple of questions:

1)

How do I move the location of my iCloud photos library to another drive. The latest version (12.5) of the control panel only has two options under Photo's and neither allow moving the folder location.

2)

When I open the photos folder it loads the thumbnails for each photo every time, and considering I have 16,000 photos makes the ability to edit photos impossible.

Many thanks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 9:37 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 23, 2021 10:27 AM in response to Cormorin

Hi Cormorin, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking to move the location of your iCloud Photos library to another drive.

We recommend that you check out the steps under the "Find your photos on your PC" to help you find your photo library.

Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC

From there, you can move your photos to another drive.

Also, we understand that you are experiencing issues editing your photos because iCloud for Windows loads all the thumbnails.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you with the second issue.

Are the thumbnails not loading properly?

How are you editing your photos? Are you using a third-party software?

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Windows 11 - iCloud Control Panel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.