Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID / Cloud mail recovery

What if my Apple ID account was locked? And when I tried to unlock it, I get redirected to a page where I would get an email which contains the instructions on how to unlock it, but unfortunately it was sent to my icloud email which is unluckily the same mail address that I forgot the password to. And then I get redirected to a page where I forgot my password and I use an email to reset it and the cycle goes on and on. Basically its an endless loop of trying to unlock my icloud account using the same icloud account to recover it

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 2:25 PM

3 replies

Oct 24, 2021 5:52 AM in response to StevenKitigwa

Your Apple ID is signed in iPhone or iPad as what your screen shot says , the rescue mail address can't be opened as you don't knew its password , and Apple ID is exactly same as rescue mail address and the code goes to it .

If the device is in your possession , Better convert secondary authentication account into two factor authentication Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Note : you have not mentioned about security answers for three respective questions , the Apple ID password can also be reset using them ( date of birth is essential in upcoming steps ) .

Oct 23, 2021 12:33 PM in response to StevenKitigwa

Hello StevenKitigwa,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help.

If you have requested account recovery but don’t have access to the email account the notice was sent to, you will want to reach out to Apple Support. They will be able to provide you with the next steps. To contact support, go to Get Support.

Let us know anytime you have questions.

Take care!

Apple ID / Cloud mail recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.