Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV offline won’t work

I downloaded some episodes to my phone and I can’t play them at all without internet. I tried playing them once before trying without internet, but it doesn’t work.

It keeps loading forever.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:48 AM

That’s odd. That should work fine offline.

The Library in the TV app on iPhone would have a Downloaded section, and you should be able to play your files from there, while offline. In fact, the Downloaded section is all that is available in the TV app, while offline.

I can’t replicate your issue. It works for me, for both an iTunes Store movie and Apple TV+ episodes.

Try to delete and re-download the content.

If the issue persists, then contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2021 7:48 AM in response to Rigsern

That’s odd. That should work fine offline.

The Library in the TV app on iPhone would have a Downloaded section, and you should be able to play your files from there, while offline. In fact, the Downloaded section is all that is available in the TV app, while offline.

I can’t replicate your issue. It works for me, for both an iTunes Store movie and Apple TV+ episodes.

Try to delete and re-download the content.

If the issue persists, then contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV offline won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.