Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are Apple Books free?

Are Apple E books and audio books free on Apple books? Or do we have to pay for them? I tried to download it and see but I could not see any price related information.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 1:21 PM

BlueAppleUser wrote:

Whenever I click on a book or check my options in the library or search for new books or even download it. There is NO price shown.

When I search for that book, I see one for free (with a GET button) and lots of others where the price is shown on a BUY button, as it should be for anything you have to pay for, like below. Do you also see those on your device?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2021 1:21 PM in response to BlueAppleUser

BlueAppleUser wrote:

Whenever I click on a book or check my options in the library or search for new books or even download it. There is NO price shown.

When I search for that book, I see one for free (with a GET button) and lots of others where the price is shown on a BUY button, as it should be for anything you have to pay for, like below. Do you also see those on your device?

Oct 23, 2021 8:00 AM in response to BlueAppleUser

BlueAppleUser wrote:

So when I am downloading a book and if they show a particular price while downloading (when they require the Face ID to place an order) then it will cost me, but if it doesn’t shows any price that will be free?

It should be perfectly clear before you do anything whether the book has a price or not. Could you give an example of a title where you find this confusing?

Oct 23, 2021 12:15 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

So, if you see these pictures below. Whenever I click on a book or check my options in the library or search for new books or even download it. There is NO price shown. You can even see while I am downloading a book where they need my Face ID to confirm, usually they mention that how much money will they deduct once you download something, but here there is nothing. Does this all means that the books which do not show prices are free?

Oct 23, 2021 4:09 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thank you Neil and Tom. Your information really helped me to clear my doubts. I just didn’t know if the “GET” button would charge me or not. Also, thanks for sharing the picture Tom. This helped me in seeing how the paid versions would look like.

Really appreciate you guys for taking out the time and solving my query.

Thanks a lot!

Have a great day ahead. :)

Are Apple Books free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.