Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen recording audio

Hello!

I have a question, every time that I try to record my iPad screen even if I activate the microphone there is no audio in the recording. Is this something that I can repare or do I need to go to apple?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 12:38 PM

Well, as it says in the Support article Record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, "Some apps might not allow you to record audio." Zoom might be one of those apps. (Zoom has its own internal recording mechanism, so they may prevent system recordings.) Are you noticing the problem in any other apps?

In a brief test on my iPad Pro (12.9" 5th gen) running iPadOS 15, screen recordings did capture from the microphone when I turned it on, but I only tried a couple of apps (one that allowed its own sound to be recorded, one that didn't).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2021 12:38 PM in response to ximena175

Well, as it says in the Support article Record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, "Some apps might not allow you to record audio." Zoom might be one of those apps. (Zoom has its own internal recording mechanism, so they may prevent system recordings.) Are you noticing the problem in any other apps?

In a brief test on my iPad Pro (12.9" 5th gen) running iPadOS 15, screen recordings did capture from the microphone when I turned it on, but I only tried a couple of apps (one that allowed its own sound to be recorded, one that didn't).

Screen recording audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.