Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant access security & privacy on my MacBook Pro

EVERTIME I go into system preferences I cant get into

security and privacy

I get a

drop down error message that says

could not load security & privacy pane on my MacBook Pro 💻

running Catalina 10.15.4

please can someone help me out

many thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 7:23 PM

system preferences is composed of a collection of mini-applications that are loaded on demand into System preferences to provide the functions you need.

If your security & Privacy is not loading, your copy of MacOS may be damaged, or you may have added third-party software that creates a conflict.

Try restating in Safe Mode, and see if it can be invoked from Safe Mode. No third-party add-ons are included in Safe Mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 7:23 PM in response to spiritlevel

system preferences is composed of a collection of mini-applications that are loaded on demand into System preferences to provide the functions you need.

If your security & Privacy is not loading, your copy of MacOS may be damaged, or you may have added third-party software that creates a conflict.

Try restating in Safe Mode, and see if it can be invoked from Safe Mode. No third-party add-ons are included in Safe Mode.

Cant access security & privacy on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.