Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i connect 3 displays to Mac Pro late 2013 model all via hdmi ports ?

Hi , I need to connect 3 displays to my Mac Pro late 2013 model. One display is a 4k tv and other two are benq full HD monitors . Problem is I have gone through a lot of articles on internet regarding how to connect but still unclear. All displays have only hdmi ports . I am having 3 minidp to hdmi cable ( I guess they are passive) but via it m only getting 2 displays to work on same time .

shall I buy one active minidp port to hdmi to get the third monitor working?

one active and 2 passive cable will work for all 3 displays to run on one go ?

Mac Pro, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 8:25 PM

<< so with 1 active adapter and 2 passive adapter all my 3 display will work? >>

Yes, in most cases. The issue is that the Mac produces lower voltage levels on the signals for the interfaces. when you install more than to non-DisplayPort device, the levels drop so low the display cannot see them any more. ACTIVE adapters re-drive the signals up to higher levels, for better detection.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 8:25 PM in response to Ashmaag

<< so with 1 active adapter and 2 passive adapter all my 3 display will work? >>

Yes, in most cases. The issue is that the Mac produces lower voltage levels on the signals for the interfaces. when you install more than to non-DisplayPort device, the levels drop so low the display cannot see them any more. ACTIVE adapters re-drive the signals up to higher levels, for better detection.

How can i connect 3 displays to Mac Pro late 2013 model all via hdmi ports ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.