Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone x screen flashing

Hi! I just received my iphone x this month and I noticed when I turn it on (pressing the side button or turning it on using assistive touch) the lock screen flashes white for a second. I already tried hard resetting my phone and i also tried turning off the auto brightness since it can possibly fix this problem but it didn’t do anything at all and my lock screen still flashes. I hope someone can help me with this problem😊

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 10:47 PM

Sweetpotato27 Said:

"I phone x screen flashing: Hi! I just received my iphone x this month and I noticed when I turn it on (pressing the side button or turning it on using assistive touch) the lock screen flashes white for a second.[...]"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Who is the Seller?  Is it Apple? How long has it been since day one? See about getting this serviced. If this were me, I would have this looked into by Apple. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, contact Apple Support.

So, Get this Serviced:

Contact Apple Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And this makes sense, because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 10:47 PM in response to Sweetpotato27

Sweetpotato27 Said:

"I phone x screen flashing: Hi! I just received my iphone x this month and I noticed when I turn it on (pressing the side button or turning it on using assistive touch) the lock screen flashes white for a second.[...]"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

Who is the Seller?  Is it Apple? How long has it been since day one? See about getting this serviced. If this were me, I would have this looked into by Apple. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, contact Apple Support.

So, Get this Serviced:

Contact Apple Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And this makes sense, because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Oct 23, 2021 5:37 AM in response to Sweetpotato27

Sweetpotato27 Said:

"I forgot to mention that this phone is preowned but it is not refurbished. The seller said the phone does not have any issue so im really not why this happens.

———-

Seems you were Scammed:

If this is preowned, then from what you describe and from what is depicted in you me photos, this seems to be a scam. Next time you go about purchasing a device, consider doing so directly through Apple. So, contact the seller, requesting a return.

Next time you go about purchasing a device, know to always request that the seller lets you log in to it, prior to handing over the money. If the seller decides to disabide by those rules you set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction. They should have known better, and used this link, prior to selling it: What to do Before you Cell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

I purchased through a site(ie eBay), then contact the site seeing if the seller can be held accountable. If just purchase in-person, then you are out of luck, if the seller does not give you their money back.

Iphone x screen flashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.