Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete or edit bottom set of widgets in Today View

I am trying to delete some widgets from Today View on my iPad running iPadOS 15. When I long-press in a vacant space or press "edit", the top six widgets jiggle and show a minus sign, as they should, permitting me to delete them. But below this group of widgets, none of them jiggle or show a minus sign — and long-pressing on them does nothing either.

I tried deleting the underlying app for one of them, and even that does not delete the widget. It just produces an "unable to load" message on the widget.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something? Any remedy?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 11:20 AM

Hi dpdpdp,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with removing widgets from Today's View on your iPad. We'd like to help.

From what you've described, it sounds like the apps you're trying to remove are widgets from other apps. The best way to remove them is to do the opposite of how you installed them: Click Customize below the added widgets and click the red minus sign next to the name listed in the Add Widgets list. This resource may be able to help as well:

Use widgets on your iPad

Hope that helps.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2021 11:20 AM in response to dpdpdp

Hi dpdpdp,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with removing widgets from Today's View on your iPad. We'd like to help.

From what you've described, it sounds like the apps you're trying to remove are widgets from other apps. The best way to remove them is to do the opposite of how you installed them: Click Customize below the added widgets and click the red minus sign next to the name listed in the Add Widgets list. This resource may be able to help as well:

Use widgets on your iPad

Hope that helps.

Take care!

Can't delete or edit bottom set of widgets in Today View

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.