You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I get a notification for the purchase?

When I add an additional method of payment to buy something do I get an notification because first of all I would like this but it doesn’t. On my other phone it does not receive the payment notification so I wonder if this is normal.

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 3:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 4:17 PM

You will get actual emails sent using your Apple ID email address.

No actual text messages or notifications UNLESS you have set up notifications for your Mail/eMail app.

Purchases made through the various Apple online stores may take a few days for an email online store purchases receipts to be sent to you.

Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2021 4:17 PM in response to Anonymous716

You will get actual emails sent using your Apple ID email address.

No actual text messages or notifications UNLESS you have set up notifications for your Mail/eMail app.

Purchases made through the various Apple online stores may take a few days for an email online store purchases receipts to be sent to you.

Best of Luck to You!

Do I get a notification for the purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.