Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to iOS 15.0.2 broke my camera and flashlight

I updated my phone and I have an iPhone 12 Pro so I have like the 3 cameras and it like put my zoom buttons the way the 12 has them and the 2x and 0.5x work but the 1x just shows a black screen. The flashlight doesn’t turn on with the flashlight button but when I take a photo with the flash it works so I’m hoping this isn’t a hardware issue. The front camera works fine. This is what it looks like:

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 4:22 PM

2 replies

Oct 23, 2021 4:33 PM in response to airbreathinghuman

Start with a forced Reset to clear any software glitches. Short press Volume up, Volume down, then press and hold the side button until the Apple appears. Then HOPPE!

Unfortunately I think this will turn out to be a hardware problem. It is unlikely to be a bug in the new software, because it would have impacted millions of other iPhone 12 users so we would be flooded with complaints. Contact Apple Support to start arranging repair, and remember (hope) your iPhone 12 may still be in warranty or AppleCare cover.

Updating to iOS 15.0.2 broke my camera and flashlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.