Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen recording turning on by itself.

Sometimes I find my screen recording itself, but the video doesn’t pop up in my camera roll or either give me the notification once I turn it off that it was successfully saved to camera roll.

it turns on itself and I wouldn’t be informed by the red line at the top of my screen if it is recording, the only way I can tell if it’s recording itself is when I swipe down the right top corner to see the button on.

sometimes I go into Snapchat and text some friends but the chat doesn’t say that it’s been screen recorded but the button says it’s screen recording?

i recently updated to the new IOS 15 update and ever since I’ve updated it’s been doing this.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 12:23 PM

Hi there Indiana846,

We understand that screen recording on your iPhone is behaving unexpectedly. Let’s look into this together.

To get the best assistance with what’s happening, we would recommend reaching out to Apple Support. 

Get Support

Take care!

2 replies

My screen recording turning on by itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.