Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are voice memo files stored in Mojave?

Am using Voice Memos for the first time on my iMac running Mojave. Can anyone tell me where my saved file is so I can make a copy of it? I do not believe it is being synced in iCloud.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 5:30 AM

You can drag and drop your voice recording directly from the Voice Memos interface to your Desktop, or if you want to see the individual *.m4a recording files they are stored in:

~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.voicememos/Recordings

Click on your Desktop to wake up Finder, and then press shift+cmd+G keys to open the Go To Folder dialog. Copy/paste the preceding path in that dialog and click GO. The preceding folder location will open in a Finder window and your .m4a voice memo recordings will be present.

This is also true for Catalina and Big Sur users.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2021 5:30 AM in response to Grusvag

You can drag and drop your voice recording directly from the Voice Memos interface to your Desktop, or if you want to see the individual *.m4a recording files they are stored in:

~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.voicememos/Recordings

Click on your Desktop to wake up Finder, and then press shift+cmd+G keys to open the Go To Folder dialog. Copy/paste the preceding path in that dialog and click GO. The preceding folder location will open in a Finder window and your .m4a voice memo recordings will be present.

This is also true for Catalina and Big Sur users.

Where are voice memo files stored in Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.