Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Focus: LINE app not available in allowable app list

I know how to use Focus. I am currently using it successfully.

However, one of the apps that I need for work, "LINE," does not appear in the list of apps that I can permit in my "Work" Focus.

Thus, while I can allow most of my messaging apps to notify me with my Work Focus on, there does not seem to be a way to permit this vital app.

Can anyone provide insight as to what may be happening? Perhaps the app itself does not permit this iOS integration? Any information would be appreciated.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 6:19 PM

It might need an upgrade for the Line app to add the functions needed to communicate with Focus. This is not unusual when a new iOS release adds new features which are not yet supported by third party apps. Check the App Store for updates, or if you get the app via work ask your IT admins.

3 replies

Oct 31, 2021 11:31 PM in response to chinesecoachjeff

I found the answer on reddit in a thread not specifically about this issue.

Notifications must be allowed for LOCK SCREEN in the notifications settings in order for the app to show up on the whitelist.

Mine was not. It was only set on Notification Center. After ticking the "Lock Screen" alert, it shows up in the list of allowable apps.

Weird! But solved.

Oct 26, 2021 7:43 PM in response to chinesecoachjeff

Here's an update regarding some BIZZARE behavior.

This morning, I had a focus set to receive no notifications. Suddenly, I hear a notification from LINE.

I immediately go into the settings for this particular focus, and I discover that LINE has added itself to the permitted apps!

On the one hand, I was happy that LINE could finally be white listed in focus settings. On the other hand, I thought it was strange that it whitelisted itself when previously whitelisting was not even an option.

So I removed it from that particular focus because I did not want any notifications under that focus setting.

Then I went to the focus under which I wanted LINE notifications, in order to manually give the app permission. Strangely enough, the app is still not available in the list of apps that can be permitted.

Truly inexplicable behavior.

iOS Focus: LINE app not available in allowable app list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.