Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find emails backed up by Time Machine on iMac

I cannot find emails backed up by Time Machine using High Sierra V 10.13.6 on iMac.

Does anyone know which backup folder they will be in please?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 10:14 AM

I do not use Time Machine on my computer as I prefer to back up manually. However for my wife's computer, we tried using Time Machine and we found out that apparently it does not back up emails. This was a deal breaker for my wife who needs to save many email messages for future reference. I investigated and found a back up app that does back up everything, including the email messages. It is Carbon Copy Cloner. It had a purchase price of $39.99. I think it can be used on multiple machines for the one time purchase. It also has some features that Time Machine does not have.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2021 10:14 AM in response to CPRSX

I do not use Time Machine on my computer as I prefer to back up manually. However for my wife's computer, we tried using Time Machine and we found out that apparently it does not back up emails. This was a deal breaker for my wife who needs to save many email messages for future reference. I investigated and found a back up app that does back up everything, including the email messages. It is Carbon Copy Cloner. It had a purchase price of $39.99. I think it can be used on multiple machines for the one time purchase. It also has some features that Time Machine does not have.

I cannot find emails backed up by Time Machine on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.