You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 setup stuck on software update screen

Hello - my new iPhone 11 is a different iOS to my old phone and is stuck on the software update screen - says I need wifi to download but can’t access settings to access wifi.

Maybe did a partial (?) data transfer as the battery went in my old iPhone 7 before ‘data complete’ screen came up. Can’t re-try, can’t do anything, can’t even force close the new phone. Any thoughts?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 2:49 PM

Firstly both old and new phones must be on charge,

Can I assume the iphone 7 has all your data and you are trying to quick start the data to your iPhone 11 which is in a lower ios version?

IF I am correct, you need to set up the new phone without trying to transfer data to get it on the latest version.

First DFU the new phone using a computer

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201263

When it updates with ios15 you should be able to choose to quick start from the 7

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2021 2:49 PM in response to alreadytaken55

Firstly both old and new phones must be on charge,

Can I assume the iphone 7 has all your data and you are trying to quick start the data to your iPhone 11 which is in a lower ios version?

IF I am correct, you need to set up the new phone without trying to transfer data to get it on the latest version.

First DFU the new phone using a computer

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201263

When it updates with ios15 you should be able to choose to quick start from the 7

iPhone 11 setup stuck on software update screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.