Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subtitles in other languages

Does anyone have an issue where subtitles don't appear on Apple TV when speaking in other languages? I typically have on the subtitles for English but if I'm watching a movie in English & they switch to another language for a few minutes, it won't show the subtitles so I have no idea what they're saying. When that happens I turn off the subtitles or switch them to Auto instead of English to see if that helps but nothing! I'm left in the dark for however long they're speaking in a different language. Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:04 AM

Sometimes that is intentional by the film makers. Some movies have a separate subtitle track from the foreign parts only. The full subtitles would include foreign parts, if the film makers intended that. It really depends on the movie title. What movie had this issue?

iTunes Store movies have subtitles and captions as provided by the supplying studios. It is up to them to include it or not.

Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc. may have their own policies.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 7:04 AM in response to Ash.C

Sometimes that is intentional by the film makers. Some movies have a separate subtitle track from the foreign parts only. The full subtitles would include foreign parts, if the film makers intended that. It really depends on the movie title. What movie had this issue?

iTunes Store movies have subtitles and captions as provided by the supplying studios. It is up to them to include it or not.

Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc. may have their own policies.

Subtitles in other languages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.