Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s charging

My iPhone 6s won't work unless plugged in

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 9:17 PM

Eric~F Said:

"iPhone 6s charging: Hi, the phone hasn’t been in contact with water. I dropped it like a week ago, but it was like a 2 feet drop. Thanks for the assistance."

-------

Take it to a Retailer:

The only inexpensive way I can think of(an it will cost money) is to take it to a retailer, seeing if they have a device that gets the water out of a phone. Retailers have these.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 9:17 PM in response to Shales13

Eric~F Said:

"iPhone 6s charging: Hi, the phone hasn’t been in contact with water. I dropped it like a week ago, but it was like a 2 feet drop. Thanks for the assistance."

-------

Take it to a Retailer:

The only inexpensive way I can think of(an it will cost money) is to take it to a retailer, seeing if they have a device that gets the water out of a phone. Retailers have these.

Oct 25, 2021 5:55 PM in response to Shales13

Hi Shales13,

From your post, it sounds like your iPhone isn't working unless connected to the charger. In Settings > Battery > Battery Health, do you see any messages about the health of the battery? If so, the battery may need to be serviced. Additional detail can be found here: If you see 'Your iPhone battery may need to be serviced' - Apple Support

Take care.

iPhone 6s charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.