Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7000

How do I hard reset a 1st generation watch?

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:47 AM

Erase all content doesn't remove the activation lock;

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Online Activation Lock Removal Tool.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 7:47 AM in response to W Furber

Erase all content doesn't remove the activation lock;

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Online Activation Lock Removal Tool.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

Oct 25, 2021 6:27 AM in response to Community User

Thank you very much. I guess I asked the wrong question. I am trying to figure out how to get to the "Erase All Content and Settings" screen so I can do a factory reset. I gave the watch to my daughter and then she bought (probably unsurprisingly) a newer model, but she doesn't remember the pin she put on this one and it's no longer paired to any iphone but I can't do anything with it until I get it to factory-rreset.

Apple Watch Series 7000

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.