Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem in iTunes

Hello everyone, today I found an incredibly annoying issue in my iTunes. I downloaded unreleased songs onto my laptop, and the cloud that pops up next to the time of the songs isn’t showing up, so I can not transfer the music to my phone.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 2:50 PM

That sounds to me as though you're using iTunes Match.

So - if a song is "unreleased" then quite simply, it is not "released" (available). If it is not available, then I don't see how iTunes Match can possibly have it, in which case, you experience the current issue.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the previous "unreleased" music was in fact, released and someone has been telling you porkies*.

* Porkies - short for porky-pie - a lie (British rhyming slang)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 2:50 PM in response to LilacHeaven

That sounds to me as though you're using iTunes Match.

So - if a song is "unreleased" then quite simply, it is not "released" (available). If it is not available, then I don't see how iTunes Match can possibly have it, in which case, you experience the current issue.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the previous "unreleased" music was in fact, released and someone has been telling you porkies*.

* Porkies - short for porky-pie - a lie (British rhyming slang)

Oct 25, 2021 2:07 PM in response to LilacHeaven

What cloud, are you referring to iTunes Match?

• Usually, if you download a file (from online or from a CD) and import it to your iTunes Library, it's there, plain and simple and it will copy to your device
  • I don't use apple Music, but as far as I know, a cloud icon next to a song in Apple Music indicates that the song is not yet downloaded from the cloud (Apple Music's cloud). But if the songs are not yet released, then presumably, Apple Music can't possibly have them, so no cloud and no download
  • Again, I don't use Apple's Match service either. But once again, if the songs are "unreleased" then the match service won't have them, so presumably there will not be a cloud, but I don't see how you can download from there

Problem in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.