Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install older FCP onto producer laptop

One of my producers upgraded his (non-M1) MBP to MacOS 11.6 and he accidentally auto-updated FCP to 10.6. I sent him a zipped copy of 10.5.4 but when he extracts and tries to launch it he gets an error saying the file is corrupt or damaged. I sent him two different zips of 10.5.4 thinking it was corrupted in transit but both failed the same way. Is there a package receipt or something else that needs to be removed so the older version will work? Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 2:06 PM

I think part of the problem was he had iCloud drive enabled for Desktop and Documents. He was downloading and unarchiving the 10.5.4 zip file to his desktop. I drove to physically meet him (luckily we don't live too far apart), disabled iCloud drive for Desktop and Documents, then copied 10.5.4 into his Applications folder and it works.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 2:06 PM in response to terryb

I think part of the problem was he had iCloud drive enabled for Desktop and Documents. He was downloading and unarchiving the 10.5.4 zip file to his desktop. I drove to physically meet him (luckily we don't live too far apart), disabled iCloud drive for Desktop and Documents, then copied 10.5.4 into his Applications folder and it works.

Can't install older FCP onto producer laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.