Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bandwidth speed in 32GB ram M1 max and 64 GB M1 max?

is there a difference in bandwidth in M1 Max 32 GB ram and 64 GB ram?

I mean the 32 GB M1max is also 400 GB bandwidth speed or not?

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 7:02 AM

Apple's glossy marketing page clearly states that the M1 Pro features "up to 200 MB/sec memory bandwidth" and

the M1 Max features "up to 400 MB/sec memory bandwidth".

The selected SIZEs of these memories are not the deciding factor. That performance is directly tied to the processor type.

The tech specs page re-iterates that it is Processor type, and no other factor, that determines memory bandwidth.

These documents are created by mathematical thinkers. They are not ambiguous.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 7:02 AM in response to you_you122

Apple's glossy marketing page clearly states that the M1 Pro features "up to 200 MB/sec memory bandwidth" and

the M1 Max features "up to 400 MB/sec memory bandwidth".

The selected SIZEs of these memories are not the deciding factor. That performance is directly tied to the processor type.

The tech specs page re-iterates that it is Processor type, and no other factor, that determines memory bandwidth.

These documents are created by mathematical thinkers. They are not ambiguous.

Nov 23, 2021 6:46 AM in response to you_you122

Still no reply from anyone? I have the same question. It is unclear if you get the 16inch M1Pro model but upgrade to the M1Max 24 or 32GPU models if you are getting 400Mbps memory speeds or the 200. That is a big difference for some people and a deciding factor for me on which model. I don't want the fully loaded model which is another $200-400 if the 24GPU core (all M1MAX) have the 400 memory speeds.

bandwidth speed in 32GB ram M1 max and 64 GB M1 max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.