Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to manage my iPhone storage

How I can manage my storage for iphone

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:16 PM

Alfrits Said:

"How I can manage my storage for iphone"

-------

Upfront Answer: Be aware of what you install, and how you use it.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, internal storage never changes, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 7:16 PM in response to Alfrits

Alfrits Said:

"How I can manage my storage for iphone"

-------

Upfront Answer: Be aware of what you install, and how you use it.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, internal storage never changes, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

How to manage my iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.