Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small Dots on Iphone Screen

Hello, I have an iPhone 13 for about a month now. Haven't used it much other than surfing the net and playing some games. Sometimes watching YouTube and taking pictures as well.

So, recently, I have noticed a very small dot that is green-ish in color (at least to me) on the upper left top of the screen. I thought it was just one, but now, there's another tiny green-ish dot on another part of the screen.

Here's an image of one of the dots. It's very small and I will only notice it more clearly if it's like on a white background. It's not a piece of dust or anything as I have a screen protector on it and it was clean as can be when I placed one on it.

I tried restarting and updating the iOS and so far, nothing has cleared it up nor fixed it.

I'm wondering it's dead or stuck pixels from what I can deduct on my own. I don't know if Apple covers such thing, but I want to be sure before I go to one in case that I may be mistaken.

Thanks to anyone who knows and can help me decide on what to do.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:42 PM

xalyissx Said:

"Small Dots on Iphone Screen: Here's an image of one of the dots. It's very small and I will only notice it more clearly if it's like on a white background."

-------

Please Provide an Arrow:

Make an arrow pointing right to it. I cannot see it.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

If it is showing up in the screenshot, then it is an issue with the iOS. If is not showing up in the screenshot, then the screen is faulty, and you need to get a new screen.

Zoomed in, Here's what I see:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 7:42 PM in response to xalyissx

xalyissx Said:

"Small Dots on Iphone Screen: Here's an image of one of the dots. It's very small and I will only notice it more clearly if it's like on a white background."

-------

Please Provide an Arrow:

Make an arrow pointing right to it. I cannot see it.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

If it is showing up in the screenshot, then it is an issue with the iOS. If is not showing up in the screenshot, then the screen is faulty, and you need to get a new screen.

Zoomed in, Here's what I see:

Oct 28, 2021 10:12 PM in response to xalyissx

xalyissx Said:

"Small Dots on Iphone Screen: Here. I don't know if it helps or not, but here is where the dot is. The dot looks more colorful on a white background, but it is rather hard to pin point the dot as it's close to the edge."

-------

Thank you for the arrow.

Pixelation Error:

Indeed, it looks like a pixelation error. So, see if getting a new screen is what is recommended by the Apple Store staff.

Small Dots on Iphone Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.