Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong colours after upgrade to iPadOS 15.02

I have wrong colours on my iPad after upgrading to 15.02 - I tried to Google it, and the solution others have tried didn’t work - any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 1:51 PM

Hanseman41,

Thanks for the reply. The best step may be to get your iPad inspected at an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. You can also reach out to Apple Support directly. They can be contacted here: Get Support, or by calling the most applicable phone number listed here: Contact Apple for support and service.

All the best!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 1:51 PM in response to Hanseman41

Hanseman41,

Thanks for the reply. The best step may be to get your iPad inspected at an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. You can also reach out to Apple Support directly. They can be contacted here: Get Support, or by calling the most applicable phone number listed here: Contact Apple for support and service.

All the best!

Oct 26, 2021 3:02 PM in response to Hanseman41

Hi Hanseman41,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We'd like to know more so we can help. What do you mean when you say the colors are wrong? If you haven't done so already, Restart your iPad. Sometimes a restart can fix issues with your device. It's also a good idea to install the latest iPadOS update (15.1): Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If the issue persists, reply with more details on what's happening.

Take care.

Oct 27, 2021 2:12 PM in response to MVegas21

Thank you but that’s standard apple reply (I don’t know how to fix send customer to Apple Store, where some “genius apple wizard tries to convince you that you need new hardware)

my iPad is in mint condition, never been dropped not even a scratch - and as I have explained had no problem up to 14.08

To force my to waste money on a new iPad and dump this one is a scandal - if I had the opportunity to downgrade I would be a happy camper

so in conclusion thank you very much for the (useless) reply

best regards Hans Henrik

Oct 27, 2021 2:20 PM in response to Hanseman41

Hanseman41 wrote:

the screen is very dark and tinted red with greenish patches

Do you realize that does seem like a hardware problem? Just because you haven’t dropped it or the device is in mint condition, that doesn’t mean that you can’t have a hardware problem. The only way you can know for sure is by having an authorized service provider inspect the device,

Oct 27, 2021 3:02 PM in response to Demo

Did you read my post it Works fine up to 14.08

so you think that running SOFTWARE on any device could introduce a hardware fail. I take it that Apple will not write code that blocks out older hardware when said ipgrade is shown to be safe on an official site

so why in the known space will a pay a wizard money to have him/her tell me a fairytale that ends with “So you need a new better iPad it’s only and arm and a leg a month”

to bad no real IT supporters are available

and such a simple thing as a rollback isn’t possible

Wrong colours after upgrade to iPadOS 15.02

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.