Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) constantly crashes and shuts down, how can I fix this? (Report in description)

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 11:10 PM

8 replies

Nov 22, 2021 4:03 PM in response to margaretobo

margaretobo wrote:

I have a 2020 MacBook Pro (13") with OS version 11.6. Why does the computer keep freezing, so that I have to shut down and restart. This mostly occurs when on safari or playing games.

You have a completely different model Mac which means you need to start your own thread as @Grant has already mentioned. There is a difference of eight years between the two laptops with no similarities at all in the hardware so your issue is not appropriate for this particular thread. Take the information in my post above and provide the results in a new discussion. Click the "Start Discussion" button on this page to start your own discussion:

Notebooks - Apple Community

Nov 6, 2021 3:38 PM in response to margaretobo

margaretobo wrote:

My mac pro frequently freezes, so that I have to shut down and restart. How to fix this?

Unless you are absolutely certain you have the same model MacBook Pro running the same version of MacOS, with the same extensions loaded, you should start a new discussions and provide those details on your NEW discussion.

Readers here handle too many discussions at once, and can not keep track of two different configurations on one discussion.

My Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) constantly crashes and shuts down, how can I fix this? (Report in description)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.