Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to reply to messages in iOS 15 without unlocking phone

In iOS14, I could respond to text messages/whatsapp without unlocking my phone. Is this a new limitation in iOS15 or do I need to change a setting?

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 8:09 AM

Hi markshark15,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you can't respond to messages on your iPhone from the Lock screen. If you have an iPhone X or later or an iPad with Face ID, turn on Reply with Message in Settings > Face ID & Passcode to reply from Lock screen. You can view this and additional details in the support article Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 8:09 AM in response to markshark15

Hi markshark15,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you can't respond to messages on your iPhone from the Lock screen. If you have an iPhone X or later or an iPad with Face ID, turn on Reply with Message in Settings > Face ID & Passcode to reply from Lock screen. You can view this and additional details in the support article Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Regards.

Nov 17, 2021 4:55 PM in response to markshark15

Eldreda2437,

Do you see the message icon from your Lock screen? If so, is it responsive when touched? What happens when you try to send a message? Be sure your iPhone has been restarted and update to to the latest iOS version shown in Settings > General > Software Version.

Feel free to post more details about the issue here.

Regards.

Not able to reply to messages in iOS 15 without unlocking phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.