Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail won't download "Sent" folder

Hello,

I have a client that used an email account set up as IMAP, but he wanted to have all his messages downloaded to his Macbook to free up some server space (he says he have his own backup), so i tried to set up the same email account as POP, but now the "Sent" folder won't download anything sent before the POP configuration. I've checked the webmail interface and all the previous sent messages are there, but they just won't download to the Mail app.

I also tried to set up the same account as IMAP to manually move the "Sent" messages, but it doesn't allow me to do that, because the account is already set up.

My question is: how can i download previous messages to Mail? And is it possible to have the same account set up as POP and IMAP? (i'm aware of the issues that may cause, so it would be my last resource)

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 9:55 AM

gbortolotti1 wrote:

Hello,

I have a client that used an email account set up as IMAP, but he wanted to have all his messages downloaded to his Macbook to free up some server space (he says he have his own backup), so i tried to set up the same email account as POP, but now the "Sent" folder won't download anything sent before the POP configuration. I've checked the webmail interface and all the previous sent messages are there, but they just won't download to the Mail app.

I also tried to set up the same account as IMAP to manually move the "Sent" messages, but it doesn't allow me to do that, because the account is already set up.

My question is: how can i download previous messages to Mail? And is it possible to have the same account set up as POP and IMAP? (i'm aware of the issues that may cause, so it would be my last resource)

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

This typically jumps starts the syn

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-lamr/guide/mail/mlhl9eb9408c/15.0/mac/12.0

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-lamr/guide/mail/mail35803/mac

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

• POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

• "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 9:55 AM in response to gbortolotti1

gbortolotti1 wrote:

Hello,

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

This typically jumps starts the syn

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-lamr/guide/mail/mlhl9eb9408c/15.0/mac/12.0

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-lamr/guide/mail/mail35803/mac

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

• POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

• "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Mail won't download "Sent" folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.