Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb and Silence Funciton

I'm using ios 14.8 on my iPhone 12. I have had lots of trouble with my phone calls being silenced.

Even if don't use the Do Not Disturb function, the SILENCE function still silences my phone calls. Is the problem that with SILENCE you only have 2 choices: ALWAYS or 'when phone locked?' I do have to Allow All calls selected.

Thanks for the help!

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 9:31 AM

IndyScottieMom wrote:

I'm using ios 14.8 on my iPhone 12. I have had lots of trouble with my phone calls being silenced.
Even if don't use the Do Not Disturb function, the SILENCE function still silences my phone calls. Is the problem that with SILENCE you only have 2 choices: ALWAYS or 'when phone locked?' I do have to Allow All calls selected.
Thanks for the help!

That options only works if you have DND turned ON. Check your phone settings and turn off silence unknown callers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 9:31 AM in response to IndyScottieMom

IndyScottieMom wrote:

Thanks for the help!

That options only works if you have DND turned ON. Check your phone settings and turn off silence unknown callers.

Do Not Disturb and Silence Funciton

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.